If you are interested in becoming employed by Raven Security, you can fill out the form below. All applicants must meet the following requirements prior to being considered for employment:
Security service is defined as the prevention of burglary, robbery, theft, shoplifting, criminal mischief, arson, assault or trespass and the observation, investigation, detection, detainment of suspects and/or reporting of incidents to prevent or deter any unlawful or unauthorized activity. The control, regulation or direction of flow or movements of persons on private property, whether by vehicle, by foot or otherwise.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Age 21+
- High School Diploma
- Valid Driver's License
- Reliable Transportation
- Internet Access
- Cell or Home Phone
- Licensing as required in the job offer
- False Statements: Making false statements of material fact/deception/fraud in the employment process, withholding of the same or failing to meet application/licensing deadlines.
- Felonies: No felony convictions or being prohibited by state or federal law from possessing firearms or ammunition.
- Driving Record: Commission/Conviction of DUI/DWI, Careless/Reckless Driving or suspension of your drivers license in the past five (5) years. Unacceptable driving record or currently classified as a habitual violator. History or pattern of unsafe driving including at fault collisions.
- Probation/Parole: Currently on probation, parole or diversion (inclusive or deferred adjudication).
- Narcotics/Controlled Substance: Use of any illegal drug, other than marijuana, within the past five (5) years or the sale of a controlled substance at any time.
- Marijuana: No current or prior use (to include medical use) of marijuana in the past year.
- Military Discharge/Conduct: Discharge that is less than honorable conditions, bad conduct, or any other characterization of service indicating bad character.
- Unacceptable Background: Work history, educational history, military service, general reputation, and interpersonal relationship.
- Tattoos: Any visible tattoo that cannot be covered by clothing, a flesh-colored bandage or black sleeve that does not detract from the appearance of the uniform.
- Piercings: Limited to two earrings per ear and no gauged body parts.
Essential Job Functions:
Detain a suspect, forcibly if necessary, using handcuffs and other restraints; subdue resisting suspects using maneuvers and weapons and resort to the use of hands and feet and other approved weapons in self-defense. Prepare reports using appropriate grammar. Exercise independent judgment in determining when there is reasonable suspicion to detain and when force may be used and to what degree. Operate a patrol vehicle during both the day and night in normal and emergency situations, in congested traffic and in unsafe road conditions caused by factors such as fog, smoke, rain, ice and snow. Communicate effectively and coherently over radio channels while initiating and responding to radio communications. Gather information in investigations by interviewing and obtaining the statements of victims, witnesses, suspects and confidential informers. Pursue fleeing suspects and perform rescue operations which may involve quickly entering and exiting patrol vehicles; lifting, carrying and dragging heavy objects; climbing over and pulling up oneself over obstacles; jumping down from elevated surfaces; climbing through openings; jumping over obstacles, ditches and streams; crawling in confined areas; balancing on uneven or narrow surfaces and using body force to gain entrance through barriers. Load, unload, aim and fire from a variety of body positions handguns, shotguns and other firearms under conditions of stress that justify the use of deadly force and at levels of proficiency prescribed in certification standards. Perform searches of people, vehicles, buildings and large outdoor areas which may involve feeling and detecting objects, walking for long periods of time, detaining people and stopping suspicious vehicles and persons. Engage in patrol functions that include such things as working rotating/varying shifts, walking on foot patrol and physically checking the doors and windows of buildings to ensure they are secure. Endure verbal and mental abuse when confronted with the hostile views and opinions of suspects and other people encountered in an antagonistic environment. Adapt, both mentally and physically, to high stress environments and austere conditions. Perform rescue functions at accidents, emergencies and disasters to include directing traffic for long periods of time, administering emergency medical aid, lifting, dragging and carrying people away from dangerous situations and securing and evacuating people from particular areas. Extinguish small fires by using a fire extinguisher and other appropriate means.
Please review our training to learn more about the requirements Raven Security personnel are required to meet. Some fields require previous training and experience.
Home | Contact
Raven Security © 2017 All Rights Reserved